Finding Inner Peace while Living in a Chaotic World
Jesus tells us in John 14:27 that HE HAS GIVEN US HIS PEACE. This is a very special gift that he has offered everyone that has placed their faith in Him. This peace is nothing like the world has to offer because it is Jesus' very own supernatural peace! He said "my peace I give unto you." This type of peace does not come from within you, nor is it dependent upon your circumstance, your financial situation, your relationships, or your health. It is not a peace that you have to strive to obtain because it is already yours. Jesus Christ has already left this gift for you!
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you...
not as the world giveth, give I unto you.
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
STOP AND ASK YOURSELF
Have I unwrapped my gift from Jesus?
"Would the person who knows you best - describe you as having abundant inner peace on your worst day? What words would they use to describe your disposition; restful, calm, trusting, confident, courageous, and full of peace, or irritable, anxious, depresssed, apprehensive, fearful, angry, or unhappy?
Jesus tells us that his gift of peace is different from anything the world has to offer. This is because the world defines peace as the absence of turmoil. This is a peace that is 100% dependent on your circumstances and will always be very short lived. How many days have you had where you were completely without any turmoil at all? Even if you are lucky and end up having one day like this - you know it will be very short lived! The amazing thing about Jesus' peace is that it is nothing like the worlds at all! His peace is so powerful that it is abundant in the middle of our discouragements - not only in their absence!
STOP AND ASK YOURSELF:
If Jesus has left us with such an unbelievable gift - why don't our lives as Christians display inner peace in the middle of our trials? Why don't our lives look different from those who don't know Christ as their own personal savior? Why aren't our relationships, our inner thoughts, our passions, our day to day choices exhibiting unbelievable and undeniable peace? Why do God's daughters still continue to struggle with low self-worth, depression, anxiety, addictions, shame, and discouragement?
Unfortunately many of us have placed Jesus' gift of inner peace on a shelf, still tightly wrapped up in the pretty red wrapping paper and beautiful bow. We haven't taken the time to release his precious gift from being bound up in our own insecurities, doubts, fears and wrong perspectives... leaving this amazing gift unwrapped and completely useless in our lives.
LIVE UNWRAPPED WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO RELEASE JESUS' GIFT
OF ABUNDANT INNER PEACE IN YOUR LIFE!
STEP ONE: REMOVING THE RIBBONS & BOWS
Our Questions and Doubts about God
Satan's battlefield has always taken place within our minds and hearts in the form of thoughts and feelings that are based in his lies. He loves to offer us questions and doubts about who God is and how he truly feels about us. We must learn to be honest with ourselves about the doubts we have taken on, while allowing God to correct our perspective so that we can begin unwrapping his gift of inner peace!
Questions we all must be able to answer:
1. Does God really exist and if He does how can I prove it to myself and others?
2. If God really does exist - does he really know me individually?
3. If God exists and he knows me personally - then why does he allow
bad things to happen in my life and throughout the world?
4. If God really does exist and he knows me personally - is he really able and willing to
make a difference in my life in ways that only He could do, or was this power only for those living in ""Bible times?"
STEP TWO: REMOVING THE WRAPPING PAPER
Our Accusations Against God
The hurtful things that have happened in our lives and in the world around us often cause us to have serious accusations against God - that we might even be afraid to admit. Our discouragements can lead us to create a god that doesn't exist; one who is weak, distant, angry, and unforgiving. A little "g" god that is not worthy of following and one that we don't even trust. As Christians we often live with a head knowledge that God is faithful, loving, and kind because of what we have been taught in Sunday school while our hearts are filled with accusations because of the painful things we have lived through.
1. "God, you didn't intercede or prevent the difficult things that occurred in my life previously so why would I trust you to help me now?"
2. "God, if you really are loving how can you just sit back and watch children being abused, people starving, and injustices happen without doing anything to stop it?"
3. "I don't see you working in people's lives today like you did in the Old & New Testament stories - it makes me believe you have left us all alone!"
4. "I don't believe you can forgive me for the horrible things I have done.... after all, I don't even forgive myself."
5. "I tried praying but He didn't answer - so why would I try it again?
6. "God only wants to judge and punish us for the bad things we do. I can't be good enough to please Him, so why even try?"
STEP THREE: REMOVING THE LID FROM THE BOX
Our Excuses for God
Once we get our doubts about God taken care of and we deal with the accusations we have against Him - we must now face the excuses we have about ourselves!
1. I am weak, unusable
2. I have no talents worth offering
3. I have no time, no money, no ideas
4. I am not good with people - so what could I do?
5. I don't know enough about the Bible
6. People know what I have done and how I used to live my life - they won't listen to me
7. I keep struggling with a specific sin - God can't use me until I am completely "Right"
8. The church is filled with hypocrites - so why should I even try?
HOW CAN WE LIVE WITH JESUS' SUPERNATURAL INNER PEACE
IF OUR GIFT IS LEFT TIGHTLY BOUND UP IN OUR
DOUBTS ABOUT GOD, OUR ACCUSATIONS AGAINST GOD,
& OUR EXCUSES FOR GOD?
LEARN TO LIVE UNWRAPPED SO THAT YOU CAN EXPERIENCE
JESUS' GIFT OF INNER PEACE THAT IS ABUNDANT EVEN
IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR DISCOURAGEMENTS
NOT ONLY IN THEIR ABSENCE!
WHO: Women & Teenage Girls
WHEN: To Be Determined
TIME: To Be Determined
WHERE: Fairhaven Baptist Church, 34927 Eiland Blvd, Zephyrhills, Fla
COST: FREE because we care about you!
HOW: Register online by clicking the link